This post summarises our latest platform release logs. Alongside improving our platform regularly, this month’s release focuses on our group migrations.
- Student Enrolment numbers not updating correctly on course tiles within Portal (Institution) landing pages
- Feed mechanics and aggregation with a UX focus on comments nesting within conversations
- UserVoice integration on every course setup and administer student page to collect in-context feedback from our course creators
- Feed & Comments Improvement to help promote the usability and hierarchy of comments whilst reducing “scroll of death” on popular threads
- Groups – ability to bulk import and export groups by class/cohort
- Groups – ability to create groups and to allocate users (existing and new) to this group
- Certificates – customisation template updated to include course name, institution logo, issuance date and learner’s name (format change)
- Course Setup – Student counts wrong
- Video Widget – When editing timescale of video there is no real-time indication of time adjustment as you truncate the length in video file
- Group Comments – Old and new Group comments logic misaligned and thus, new comments need to be restricted to current group in which comments threads exists
- Group ID attribute required for Group Comments Permissions/restrictions to work on a group level rather than old model of page level
- Error 500 Internal Server Error on all pages trying to retrieve Student Enrolment Prices
- Certificate generation fails due to NULL value in the ClassPath function now fixed
- Progress in emails – Incorrect progress happening for v1.0 courses only as progress calculations have been updated for v2.0 courses.
- Login from external link – redirects caused by login issues due to how the system identifies a user.
- The problems were happening when clicking on a notification link meant for one user when another user was logged in, either on the main domain (too many redirects) or both the main and the custom domain (error page)
- Rich Text Widget – Cleared Tinymce change history so that the last version history is not ever blank and thus cmd+z will not remove everything
- Progress bar – missing in courses not yet started, solution built to show it displaying 0% progress until course start date and progression actually made v1 Courses send completion certs via a nightly batch run – legacy code miscalculated the total tasks and thus the class to trigger off completion was never executed.
- Group Migrations – Grant Superusers access to run group migration. Course admin has same access
- Group Dashboards – Grant Course admins permission to see all group dashboards, similarly like a facilitator.
If you find new issues or would like to file a bug report found on the platform, please let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Our Help page is also readily available to help point you to additional tools and resources.
Click here to check out OpenLearning’s past platform changes in our Release Logs series.