This post summarises our latest platform release logs. Alongside improving our platform regularly, this month’s release focuses on our group feature and third-party apps integration.
- New: Enable a list of external providers to appear and be selectable for 3rd party integration tools to be usable in course creation.
- New look and interactions for groups as we migrate old groups to include new group’s features and functionality. Same, same but different!
- New: Allow institution admins to add and self-manage their integration services at the institution level.
- Create empty Text widget with customisable text for users to use as a space placeholder.
- Creating capability for SSO for Moodle admins to launch an OL course via a launch link to help set up classes in their courses.
- Creating SSO credentials for 3rd party integration on the institution level rather than within a cohort level for ease of use.
- Allow users to customise columns by renaming column names, re-ordering columns and hiding columns for Export Page Data.
- Images on the page are exportable as attachments.
- Survey results can be exported Updated groups permissions for “Conditional display” rules for contents and completion rules.
- Fixed Assessment student names listing pagination now works for pages two and upwards.
- Fixed 3rd party integration widget so it only appears when enabled.
- Fixed unnamed widgets from crashing the page (although you should name them, future-you will appreciate it!).
- Fixed admin and write permissions for admins creating groups: now you can delegate, share and collaborate with the other teacher about the groups you created in the same course.
- Default progress setting on post widgets updated from “progress on scroll to 100%” to “progress on view” in order to right the wrongs done to the masses of hard-working students with missing progress.
- Fixed notifications model to pop up and display when comments and posts are made on user’s subscribed pages.
- Fixed completion rate showing 98% instead of 100%, now everyone can properly celebrate having completed their course!
- Assessment Progress Page: Investigate and fix the missing Assess Me Now button.
- Downloadable links not working for some students.
- Fixed Completion for Any Interaction for MCQ Submits.
- Fixed UI for cohort scheduling when cohorts changed from scheduled to non-scheduled.
- Usability and UI update to Page Edit by making the Page View/Edit Toolbar sticky.
- Fixed % completion on Analytics page Table and content missing from Course Setup Wizard “Promote Your Page”
- Tech task related to data linkage required for new course discovery page to work.
- Improvement: Performance Upgrade with Elastic Search
- Performance improvement by stopping loading of all enrolled users summaries unnecessarily on cohort/groups page.
If you find new issues or would like to file a bug report found on the platform, please let us know by sending an email to email@example.com. Our Help page is also readily available to help point you to additional tools and resources.
Click here to check out OpenLearning’s past platform changes in our Release Logs series.