At OpenLearning, we are always working tirelessly to make the platform more efficient and easy-to-use for our users. This month we yielded three brand new features for both course creators and learners!
1. Course Discovery
It is now easier to search for courses on OpenLearning. Using the new Course Discovery feature, you can filter courses by course categories, institutions, or course fees. You can also sort the displayed courses by popularity or start date.
2. Export Feature
With our new export feature, you can export data from courses into a .csv file. Course administrators can now export students posts from specific pages, as well as survey data for analysis.
- To export posts in a course, select the class and the course page that a Post widget is set up on.
- Customise export file’s data fields and format and export.
- For posts that contain files, the exported file is generated along with a zip folder containing the relevant files.
- To export data collected by the Survey widget, select the page the survey has been set up on.
- Select the Export option and the file will be generated containing the relevant files. With our new export feature, you can export data from courses into a .csv file. Course administrators can now export students posts from specific pages, as well as survey data for analysis.
3. Course Content Editor Walkthrough
To make on-boarding easier for new course creators, we’ve introduced a Content Editor Walkthrough to be used as a step-by-step guide related to adding content to a course.
You can view the Walkthrough through clicking Course Setup -> Content on your sidebar. The Walkthrough will be available when you start adding content to your course.
We are continuing to work on our Export features and will be bringing out exportable data for course payments soon!