Over the past twelve months, we had the privilege of participating in major events across Australia and Malaysia and received numerous awards. To recap, we have pieced together an infographic reviewing our milestones and growth from 2017.
2017: Year In Review
In Australia and Malaysia, we are honoured to have achieved these following milestones:
- Our Rethink Learning & Teaching Series won the Merit Awards in Community Services Market and Infrastructure & Platform Innovation of the Year at this year’s Australian Information Industry Association (AIIA) iAwards.
- Our CEO and Co-Founder Adam Brimo was appointed as the new CEO @ Faculty Program program at Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM).
- OpenLearning proudly partnered with various institutions in both Malaysia and Australia this year, such as: Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM), Taylor’s University, Universiti Malaysia Pahang and Universiti Malaysia Sarawak (UNIMAS) in Malaysia and Export Council Australia, Engineers Australia, the University of Technology Sydney (UTS) and the University of New South Wales (UNSW) in Australia.
- We launched our monthly webinar series, OpenLearning Masterclass to share tips and strategies on how to create a world-class online course on our platform.
- Our team in Malaysia participated the MQA run to support Adam and the Minister of Education.
- Adam was featured as one of Forbes 30 under 30 Asia: Consumer Technology category!
- We launched the course Active Learning: from Delivery Towards Facilitation as a part of our Rethink Learning & Teaching Series.
- OpenLearning was HRDF (Human Resource Development Fund) approved in Malaysia. Some courses are now HRDF claimable to help organisation to upskill their employees.
- Our Learning Designers, Chandru, Fatimah and Cathreena were given the opportunity to judge the MOOC Master competition for eDOLA 2017 in Malaysia.
- OpenLearning successfully hosted our first Social Learning Conference in late November 2017. The event gathered more than 130 educators, students, and learning designers from all around the world to connect with like-minded people and share their passion for social learning.
New Team Members
The more the merrier! We welcomed lots of new team members in both our Sydney and Kuala Lumpur offices.
- Huat Koh: Head of Finance
- Lisa Li: Agile Delivery Project Manager
- Kate Le Trinh: UX Designer
- Kaolin McEvoy: Learning Designer
- Hien Nguyen: STEM Learning Designer
- Jappie Klooster: Software Engineer
- Khoo Swee Lyn – Team Facilitator
- Ng Huey Zher – Learning Designer
- Shaiful Shazwan – Accounts Executive
- Deena Dzulkifli – Graphic Designer
- Atikah Hajar – Learning Designer
- Nur Sakinah – Learning Designer
- Kavitasri Perumal – Learning Designer
- Mastura Mustafa Kamal – Content Developer
- Seri Salina Zakri – Learning Designer
- Sarveen Kandiah – Head of Partnerships
- Nasihah Mazalan – Marketing Manager
We’d also like to introduce the Fluffy Additions to the OpenLearning Family!
Last year was an eventful year for us. Platform-wise, we introduced a range of new features to improve the site’s usability and efficiency. You can read our platform highlights here.
Thank you for being part of our global community and helping us to reach these amazing milestones, we will continue to work hard to deliver the best learning experiences possible!